I have pronoia and I think you should too



If you haven't already googled it. Pronoia is a made up word. I know that because my spellchecker is giving me grief every time I type it out.

Pronoia means the opposite of paranoia. So wherein paranoia is the belief that people, governments, or the universe overall is conspiring against you, pronoia is the belief that everyone is secretly conspiring to benefit you.

Call me naïve but this is how I honestly operate. Now I should say that I'm not narcissistic enough to think that everyone else is secretly concerned about me specifically. The few people who are even aware of my existence are going to be mostly indifferent to the ins and out of my life but I honestly believe that there isn't anybody plotting against me in anyway. If they are then they are doing a terrible job because my life keeps getting better and better.

In fact, the evidence that I observe suggests that most people and systems are looking out for my best interests. There are people who dedicate time and effort for my benefit. My family supports me and wishes me well. That's a no-brainer. My co-workers have their own fish to fry but I see and feel their support in wishing me to have success in what I do. Governments at all levels may not know my name but they want me to succeed so that they can look better. I have neighbours and a church community that wish me nothing but success and happiness.

If there are bad hombres and mujeres out there, they don't know who I am and have so far left me alone.

Knock on wood but I just can't help but have this sneaking suspicion that there is awesomeness heading my way.

I probably come off as incredibly self-centered and cocky which is definitely not my intention but I have a sneaking suspicion that most of you are going to see what I was trying to say and you will get something positive out of it anyway. ;)

Image result for pronoia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restoring the heart of Te Fiti

What you SHOULD NOT learn from '13 Reasons Why'

Political Psychology Lesson #1 - The Dunning-Kruger Effect